commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: Please help me generate a patch file
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:45:37 GMT
Hi Sean,

In addition to line endings, two other things that sometimes cause
problems are tabs vs. spaces and trailing spaces.  I can't remember if
JBuilder has a "remove trailing spaces" edit option, but if it (or
Tortoise CVS?) does and you have that turned on, that would cause the diff
line below. The standard license template has a trailing space on the
"changed" line. You should also make sure that your editor is set up to
use spaces instead of tabs.

hth,

Phil