commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Loading and Saving
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:01:33 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Don't be too humble. Apache Gump tells us that commons-configuration
> has seven direct and 71 (!) indirect dependees on commons-configuration:

Nice, I didn't know [configuration] was already included in Gump :) Is
there a way to track back the projects using it ?

> For the matter of the switch: Emmanuel: How do you plan to implement
> this?  Additional C'tors taking a boolean? Or a boolean setter?

I intended to add a boolean setter, but I was still pondering where,
whether in the Configuration interface or just in AbstractConfiguration ?

> Personally, I'd still prefer the "two methods for everyone" approach
> that Hibernate does. getBoolean(String property) returns null if
> property does not exist and fetchBoolean(String propety) throws an
> Exception.

Why not but I'm not sure Eric will like this ;) There was a discussion
recently on the addition of getters to the Configuration interface
( and we debated
about the length of the API.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail: