commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <sma...@lfjr.net>
Subject Re: [configuration]Problems with XMLConfiguration
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:25:51 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:

> How about removing XMLConfiguration and renaming
> HierarchicalXMLConfiguration to XMLConfiguration? This class still needs
>
> load() and save() methods to be compatible with the other configuration
> classes, but then it fully supports working with XML files.

That sounds interesting ! But will we be able to preserve XML comments ?

Regarding hierarchical structures I even wonder if there isn't a way to
share more code between JNDIConfiguration and
HierarchicalConfiguration/XMLConfiguration, I feel the tree walking
logic could be mutualized but I haven't dug this subject yet.

Emmanuel Bourg