commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <>
Subject Re: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:57:47 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> The following is an example of a Commons like project in Jira. I encourage
> anyone who's not used Jira to go have a look at this link and get a feel
> for how easy it is to use, compared to the mess that is our bugzilla
> installation.
> As I have modelled each Commons-like component as a Component in Jira,
> it's hard to know how many there actually are. You also can't have
> separate versions for different components.

We would not map Jakarta Commons this way.  Every JIRA project is a
piece of code that is releasable, because as you suggest, a project has
its own versions, components, changelog, and roadmap.

Look at some of the Avalon/Merlin breakdowns to see how they each have
their own JIRA project to get a feel for how this works.

Serge Knystautas
Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >>
p. 301.656.5501

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message