commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Linde <...@kimvdlinde.com>
Subject [math] commons.math extension
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 03:57:38 GMT
For the people who are interested in some extensions to the commons.math
package such as "0-based" Matrix class and population variances
implemented within the variances class can look here:

http://www.kimvdlinde.com/professional/programming/commonSense/
or download the jar file:
http://www.kimvdlinde.com/professional/programming/commonSense/commonSense.jar

Additionally I have added two classes. The first is called Distances
with matrix based euclidian and mahalanobis distance calculations. The
second is called SpecialMatrices and contains shortcuts for SSCP,
covariance and correlation matrices, as well as difference by row/column
means calculations. Both the correlation as well as he covariance
matrices can be estimated using either sample or population variances.

I hope to add in the coming weeks the RMA (Reduced Major Axis)
implementation within the SimpleRegression and the MVE (Minimum Volume
Elipsoid) to the package, of which the last one is the main reason for
my disagreement on the matrix indexing.

So, no objections to relasing RC1.

Kim

http://www.kimvdlinde.com