commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jung, Eric" <Eric.J...@Arbella.com>
Subject RE: CSV parser & printer
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:32:20 GMT
Tim,
Someone beat you to the punch. There's already an implementation at:

http://ostermiller.org/utils/CSV.html
and for excel:
http://ostermiller.org/utils/ExcelCSV.html

I haven't used them so I don't know how well they work.

That said, these classes are on the lesser-known Giant Java Tree, not
Commons, and are licensed under GPL, not LGPL :( so I would very much like
to see your work whether or not the Commons folks are interested in
publishing it.

Good luck,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Dawson [mailto:tim.dawson@idsgrp.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 2:18 PM
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: CSV parser & printer

I've implemented CSV parser & printer classes (with accompanying unit tests)
that are Microsoft Excel compatible (i.e. it uses double quotes rather than
an escape character). I'd like to donate it to commons; any interest? Which
project would it go to - I didn't see one that jumped out as being the
obvious candidate.

Tim Dawson
tdawson@apache.org