commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: [VFS and Net] Dealing with non-standard FTP servers
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:06:59 GMT
Well, I don't really agree with you about your reasons not to like
setParserKey().  It's a key that ultimately gets translated into a parser.
The name doesn't have to imply ownership, and I'm still not sure what the
problem would be even if a VFS user thought it did.   If the user cares about
the underlying object model, he's got the source.   But it's up to you.

Still, I'm all for "shorter is better" and therefore I am in favor of the two
renamings you propose as improvements over the current names.

Steve