commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [io] find API Was: [IO] DOSFileFilter
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:43:08 GMT
Interesting. I think there is some collision with FileUtils listFiles.
Using IO's current file filters you can currently specify quite complex
search expressions. If I interpret correctly FindingFilter can only do a
logical AND. On the other side FileFinder look a bit more sophisticated
than FileUtils.listFiles.

I think that Finder would have to be changed so you can pass in a
FileFilter instead of the options map. That way we could combine both
functionalities. It's probably important to keep the relatively simple
FileUtils.listFiles, but it could use the Finder internally.

On 09.09.2004 08:20:18 Henri Yandell wrote:

> Not time to commit tonight, but it's at:
>
> http://www.osjava.org/genjava/multiproject/gj-find/xref/index.html
>
> WildcardUtils.
>
> It's tempting to commit most of gj-find to IO. A Java API with similarity
> to the unix find command, though ignore ZipFinder as that's dead.
>
> Any views?

Jeremias Maerki