commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject [jelly] should caching be configurable ?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:40:25 GMT
Hi,

I sent recently a request so as to know wether consider jelly
components as browser windows would make sense or not and had no real
answer. So I'll give it a subject of the other side: in the current
tree, the component-tag does clear its bean after having run the
doTag...

And to me this is a problem: I'd like to make a reload tag which would
take a numeric argument, the ancestry degree, default 1. When run (in
doTag), it should call the doTag of the given ancestor component.

I see no single memory-leak issue in jelly-swing currently: it's
perfectly reasonable for me that tags do hold a reference to their
bean.

Is it crazy to have an explicit method to clean-up the references?
Something that would be triggered either explicitly (somewhat like
"unmount()", good for use by servlets) or at GC time when, say, the
script object gets GCed ?

paul