commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [chain] Pipeline implementation
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:38:03 GMT
This pipeline stage you describe sounds very much like a SEDA stage;
seda stage = queue + thread pool + processing code.   Events are queued
from one stage to another and you can change the way routing is
handled.  The main difference is we're using these similar patterns to
build a common framework for highly concurrent inet servers.  Sounds
like what you're doing is more geared to generic processing piplelines.

Kris and Craig is there any overlap here where we can possibly help each
other?

One of the biggest problems I have had to date is handling the
serialization of certain events.  Is this something you have a nice
solution for?

BTW Craig you spoke about getting together a SEDA package of sorts
extracted from the directory source.  We're actually in the process of
doing that.  It's a separate project all together.  It has not been
integrated into the site yet but the code is present here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/seda/trunk/src/java/org/apache/seda/?root=Apache-SVN

Specifically you might want to take a look at the stage package here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/seda/trunk/src/java/org/apache/seda/stage/?root=Apache-SVN

Alex