commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Schofield" <sean_schofi...@schof.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Enhancement proposal for DateUtils
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:09:25 GMT
Stephen,

I agree that this limits you to 'western' calendars.  Do non-western
calendars have the concept of a weeekend?  I think there are enough people
using the Gregorian calendar for these methods to be useful.  I guess it
depends on the overall policy of whether things that go in commons lang need
to be country neutral.  Is that the policy/general practice?

Don't some of the constants and methods in DateUtils implictly assume a
Gregorian calendar?  Are you opposed to including these methods or are you
just throwing the issue out there for debate?

sean