commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [Validator] Completing the 1.1.3 GA release
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:04:40 GMT
At 12:31 PM -0700 8/25/04, Martin Cooper wrote:
>On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, David Graham wrote:
>
>>I checked in release notes for 1.1.3 and 1.2.0-dev in changes.xml for all
>>the bugzilla tickets I could find.  I set the 1.1.3 release date as the
>>25th; please change as necessary.  The website is now updated.
>
>Great! Thanks, David. I'll send out the announcement.
>
>One thing I noticed in the site refresh is that we lost the 'plus
>sign in a box' indicators of openable items on the nav bar, and
>we're missing an icon for RSS. Probably one of those Maven things...

First, congratulations on cutting the release!

It would be great to use 'maven jar:deploy' to get a build into the
iBiblio mirror (cvs.apache.org:
/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository).

I can help with this if you like -- technically one only needs an
account on cvs.apache.org, not committer karma for commons-validator.

I've just recently caught up myself with the updated deploy mechanism
in Maven 1.0:

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/properties.html
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/examples.html
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Properties_Processing

It might make sense to come up with a shared method for
jakarta-commons projects to specify these properties.  There are some
which are project specific (repo server, repo path) and others which
are user specific (user name, path to SSH private key).  For a
one-off deploy, the properties could all be specified on the command
line or in a temporary build.properties file.

According to find/grep, none of the other commons projects have
tackled this yet.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska