commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [DBUtils] Oracle 9.2.0 JDBC Timestamp Problem
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:46:21 GMT

setObject is also quite screwed, and setTimestamp used to do some weird
stuff in Oracle 9, unsure about their new driver.

My planned solution to this was to create a specific wrapper driver for
Oracle that fixes Oracle's bugs, rather than put the fixes into things
like dbutils.

Need to find that code again. DbUtils used to have an 'extended' driver
concept that you could extend and put fixes like this in, but JDBC 2 vs 3
made it get taken out of DbUtils I think.

Not a negative to the patch by the way, just an info dump having seen this
problem before.

Hen