commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" & a "dev" email list.
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 03:13:02 GMT

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Phil Steitz wrote:

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> >
> > After a great deal of discussion, maybe this subject should be voted on
> > to bring the subject to completion. Otherwise, it will just get more
> > heated.
> We should not have to resort to a vote on this. I suggest that we suspend
> this discussion until we get 1.0 out and then we can discuss lists, more
> ambitious projects, etc. as part of a post-1.0 roadmap discussion.

+1 to delay. Let's have a 1.0, then cover this again.

1.0 is pretty close by the sound of it (?), and any discussion on a new
mail list would (should) not affect 1.0's design.

If users are turning up and having a greater than usual problem, it would
signify that a commons-math-user list is needed. If people offering ideas
are having a greater problem (contributors), a
commons-math-contributor/discuss might be needed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message