commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" email list.
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:41:11 GMT

Some questions:

Have you had examples of people not being able to get involved due to the
commons-user list's noise?

Just how much [math] noise is there on commons-user already? I know that I
split commons-dev's math into its own folder, but it seems pretty quiet
nowadays, and I don't see that much conversation happening on
commons-user. I ask this because this was the reason for
commons-httpclient going to its own list.

Any thoughts on Jakarta Math or Apache Math rather than Commons Math? It's
obviously a subject that can grow way beyond Jakarta Commons and are you
feeling like this is a direction things are heading? Has there been any
interest from other language users?

Generally I'm +0 to commons-math-user existing. It's not bothering me, but
if it'll help, why not?