commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] release candidate digester 1.6RC1 now available
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:23:14 GMT
On 28 Aug 2004, at 11:18, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> 4. The "commons-digester-1.6.0RC1-src.zip" file contains files with
> unix
> line terminators. Isn't the convention that the .tgz files contain unix
> format (LF) files, and the .zip files contain dos (CRLF)?

the way i've always cut releases is that the only differences between
the two versions of the source is the way that they are packaged. since
i always build my releases on a linux box, the line endings are always
exported (from cvs) using unix conventions.

AFAIK this is also the way that craig's built his digester releases.
i'm not really sure how important an issue this one is but if you think
that it's worth pursuing, i'll try to find out what other people in the
commons do.

- robert