commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" & a "dev" email list.
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:54:00 GMT
On 15 Aug 2004, at 02:01, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

<snip>

> After a great deal of discussion, maybe this subject should be voted
> on to bring the subject to completion. Otherwise, it will just get
> more heated.

though i agree with this (and it's bad form to post without reading all
the email) i think it might be useful for me to add a couple of
comments. (i'm not really interested in prolonging the argument so i
plan to bow out after i've said my piece.)

i'm in agreement with henri that there isn't really any problem going
for separate user lists.

i would like to remind people that quite a while ago now (when math was
just in the process of getting going) i commented that i thought that
the best place for math (in the long term) would be as part of the ASF
commons top level project. i haven't changed my mind. if the math
community feels that a separate dev list is necessary then i'd like to
suggest that they consider whether moving from the jakarta pmc to the
commons pmc would be a better cure.

- robert