commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Linde <...@kimvdlinde.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Matrix indices
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:44:30 GMT

Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I agree entirely with your argument. I would feel more comfortable with
> 0 to n-1.

Ok, how do I update the inproved class, as I did that already yesterday
evening. I would also like to add several new methods:

RealMatrix getSubMatrix (int startRow, int endRow, int startColumn, int
endColumn)  throws MatrixIndexException;

RealMatrix getSubMatrix (int[] rows, int[] columns)  throws
MatrixIndexException;

RealMatrix getSubMatrix (int startRow, int endRow, int[] columns)
throws MatrixIndexException;

RealMatrix getSubMatrix (int[] rows, int startColumn, int endColumn)
throws MatrixIndexException;

RealMatrix getRowMatrix(int row) throws MatrixIndexException;

RealMatrix getColumnMatrix(int col) throws MatrixIndexException;

double[] columnMeans();

double[] rowMeans();

getRowMatrix and getColumnMatrix could be excluded as they are special
cases of the getSubMatrix methods.

Objections against these?

Cheers,

Kim