commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][CLI] Release Plan 2.0
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:17:28 GMT

Henri Yandell wrote:
> Looking at the site rather than the source. Would be nice if javadoc was a
> link rather than hidden down in the Project Reports.

Go for it.  I don't have the maven-foo and really don't have the
patience to hack the maven config more than I have to.

> CLI2Converter confuses me. Firstly, is it still needed?

Its not *needed* at all, I just thought it would be nice to ease the
upgrade process.  Perhaps placing it it o.a.c.cli2.util package and
calling it CLI1Converter (or CLI1Adapter) might be clearer?

 > Secondly, why does
> it have return types of type:
>
> org.apache.commons.cli2.Group

Because that's the closest analogue to Options or OptionGroup in the
cli2 packages.

> Would have thought you'd have had compile problems.

No... why?... Ahhhhh - looks like the javadocs are only tackling the
org.apache.commons.cli package and not the org.apache.commons.cli2 tree.
   I've just rebuilt so the full javadocs are available at:

http://www.apache.org/~roxspring/cli/docs/apidocs/

> Something I've had on my todo for a couple of weeks is to javadoc
> PatternOptionBuilder. Will work on that tonight and commit it.

Have you had a chance to look at the o.a.c.cli2.builder.PatternBuilder
at all?  I think its true to the intention of PatternOptionBuilder but
don't remember testing it too much - I guess if your a user of the
original you would be well placed to try out the replacement :)

> Otherwise, +1.
 >
 > Hen

Does this still hold now that you see the cil2 package?

Thanks,

Rob