commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject [VOTE][CLI] Release Plan 2.0
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:44:28 GMT
CLI2 has been far too long in the making and has been stable for a long
time so I'd like to propose a beta release to be followed up by some
documentation and a proper release.

The open bugs mainly refer to 1.0 bugs that I'm nervous of fixing
without breaking something else.  Given that the 1.0 code is deprecated
now and the bugs don't appear in 2.0, I expect them to be resolved as
FIXED or WONTFIX once 2.0 is available.

The documentation still refers to the 1.0 code and needs a major
overhaul.  I'm expecting that, with a deadline to work to, I'll get that
well underway in time for the 2.0 release.  In the meantime people need
to take cues from the tests and ask for help.

Anyway, I'd like to release 2.0B1 by Monday Aug 23rd based on the
candidate at http://www.apache.org/~roxspring/cli/.  Assuming things go
smoothly I'll propose a real release 2-3 weeks later with improved
documentation.

Commons-CLI 2.0 Release Plan