commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" & a "dev" email list.
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:35:17 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> Michael McGrady wrote:
>
>> Commons is not a place for people uninterested in Java development.
>> Commons is a common repository for code used in Java development.
>> Maybe the math boys and girls are thinking of doing something like
>> Struts only for math folks.  If so, then jakarta-commons is not the
>> place for that.
>>
>> Michael
>

> Michael,
>
> I believe you misinterpreted my statement. Besides, this a
> "Community", not "Mob rule", only consensus decides the nature of what
> "The Commons" is (not one person making blanket statements out of
> context).
>
> -Mark

Hi, Mark,

I could not have "misinterpreted" your statement, because I did not
interpret anything you said.  I merely made my own point.  I am not sure
what the "community" versus "mob rule" is all about in your mind, so I
won't guess.  I do think that commons has a particular MISSION to serve
jakarta GENERALLY in way that OTHER "non-commons" applications do not.
THAT was the point.  I too am, you might guess, totally against "mod
rule".  I have never seen it, but it seems like a bad idea.  I don't
even like group-rule, much less mobs, or even organized crime.  I am not
sure what you were thinking, but it has the advantage of a lot of drama
that kind of livens up the discussion.  Anyway, I was trying to make a
positive point and was not that interested in what you in particular
were saying.

Michael