commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math] RC1 available for review
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:25:12 GMT
Brent Worden wrote:
>>Phil Steitz wrote:

>>>I certainly have no objection to that, but based on other 1.0 releases,
>>>I did not think we needed release notes.  What will the changes plugin
>>>generate?
>>>

> I assumed we did while reading the Release Notes section of
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html.

Interestingly, it was that same thing that made me think we did not need
them, as well as the fact that other 1.0's do not include them.  My
reading is that what goes in the release notes is a summary of changes
*since the last release*.  If we were to include release notes, I would
think that the right thing to include would be a single statement to the
effect that 1.0 is the initial release of commons-math.