commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" & a "dev" email list.
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:56:51 GMT
Kim van der Linde wrote:

>--- "matthew.hawthorne" <matth@apache.org> wrote:
>

> <>
>
>> <>I think I am a typical math only user and developer and I just
>> joined the e-mail lists. The last days, I seriously contemplated on
>> leaving both lists because of the use amout of completly irrelevant
>> bullshit that passes by every morning and during the day on my
>> computer. I have better things to do.
>
> <>

> Maybe irrelevant to you, but not irrelevant to the
> rest of us...

One of the things I learned from programming was to automate tasks that
were repetitive in nature.  I can always regulate my own time by
automating the tasks I need to perform for my personal requirements.
Most of the traffic on the list is about how the list can create a
special case so that the math boys don't have to be responsible for
their own environment.  I think this is a bad idea.  If you want to join
an email list, learn how to use your email client.  Otherwise, we will
build the sort of monolithic crap that is typical of bureaucratic
societies that baby their privileged members.

Michael McGrady