commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric MacAdie <...@MacAdie.net>
Subject Re: [MATH] Contributing
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:19:54 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

>Kim,
>
>Sorry for the response latency.  Thanks in advance for any contributions that you can
make to [math]. One thing to keep in mind is that we are trying to focus on commonly used
stuff.  So, e.g. a basic GLM package would be more interesting than RMA.   Of course, if all
is available....  It would be great to start by making the needed improvements / extensions
to the current RealMatrix implementation to support a numerically sound multivariate regression
/ ANOVA package.  I would be less concerned about fitting the current architecture than laying
the groundwork for good extensions.  We need to maintain backward compatability, but we can
certainly extend as necessary.

What do "RMA" and "GLM" stand for?

EKMacAdie