commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric MacAdie <...@MacAdie.net>
Subject Re: [math]Re: [releases] lacking releases for .... Was: [sandbox] report
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 07:27:17 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

> Eric MacAdie wrote:
>
>> I am starting to look at R for validating the stats functions. I also
>> found a site with some data sets, but I have not looked at them yet.
>>

> Eric,
>
> Any help with the validation would be *much* appreciated.
>
> -Phil

I *finally* have some results. I ran a couple of small data sets through

org.apache.commons.math.stat.univariate.DescriptiveStatisticsImpl and a
couple of R and Octave scripts to
compare answers.

A few of the functions I have not been able to figure out in Octave yet,
like getMax(), getMin(), getSum() and  getSumsq().

For the most part, I got the same answers, except for kurtosis and skewness.

I hope this is helpful.

EKMacAdie

*

*