commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [general] logging
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:10:17 GMT
On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:22, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i am suspect that it would be possible to use byte-code engineering to
> wire up alternative implementations. the logging code wouldn't be
> stripped but rather a new implementation would be wired in. of course,
> the problem with this is that users would need to re-enhance the
> library rather than reconfigure if they wanted to change targets.

I also think that dynamically generating the logging "bridge" would be
worth experimenting with. And it would be a cool project! I've had this
in the back of my mind for a while, and hope to look into this sometime,
but it won't be in the next few months.

And while this might help with classloader issues, it will not remove
the need for a commons-logging library.

Regards,

Simon