commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [general] logging
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:20:18 GMT
Yep I think these are some of the concerns that will be addressed if we
just test it out.

If it's bad when using a simple do nothing adapter than we can just junk
the branch.  I can't imagine a call that returns immediately causing too
much of a slow down.  Then again you can guard against the call if the
monitor is null and that would just cost a conditional.

The good thing is we can run these approaches side by side and let the
benchmarks show us if there really are significant problems.

Alex