commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all] Math needs a "user" email list.
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:46:52 GMT
I argued for Apache Math as I believe its this best goal. Remember that size
is not what defines a TLP, community is. However, as none of the main [math]
developers want this at present we need to find a second solution.

I am more convinced of the need now. The proposed new list is in fact not
really a "user" list in the classic definition that we have. It is much more
of a discussion list.

The only question I have is whether votes, and actual code discussions will
occur on this list or not. (And I ask that from a supervision point of
view - HttpClient lost supervision/review when they created a new list)

So, I reckon that commons-math-user (or commons-math-discuss?) could be the
best solution to the problem. Consider me +0.5 so long as votes and true
code discussions remain on commons-dev.

Stephen