commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Issue Building and Running sandbox-email
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:09:46 GMT
Doug:

I haven't worked with the commons-email stuff lately...  but, with
Maven, you shouldn't change project.xml to use different
dependencies; you should instead define Maven properties directing
Maven to use different dependencies.  That way you don't worry about
project.xml getting out of sync with CVS, or having merge conflicts
when you update, etc.  The best is usually to put these in a
"build.properties" file either in the project directory or in your
home directory, depending on whether you want them shared between
projects or not.  (In this case, you might put "override? Y/N"
property (maven.jar.override) in the project/build.properties but the
specifics in ~/build.properties, assuming you want to use the same
javamail/JAF for any projects that depend on them.)

See for details
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Overriding_Stated_Dependencies

This is totally anecdotal, but I seem to recall having some trouble
with the embedded image stuff when I played around with it -- I
wonder if anyone who has used it successfully can speak up?  I didn't
do much with it, which is why I disclaim as "totally anecdotal".

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com