commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Zeigermann, Oliver" <ozeigerm...@c1-fse.de>
Subject RE: [transaction] Extended TransactionalResource interface
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:04:39 GMT
Well, yes, I agree. I have checked in your changes into commons transaction.

Thanks for the contribution :)

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan L├╝tzkendorf [mailto:luetzkendorf@apache.org]
Sent: Thu 7/22/2004 5:07 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [transaction] Extended TransactionalResource interface

Hello Oliver,
while using MapXAResource and the TransactionalMapWrapper's for implementing
the transient stores for slide I found that the interface TransactionalMapWrapper
has no methods for starting, suspending and resuming a transaction.

So my first draft of AbstractTransientStore has to deal with the transactional
map directly and has to add some extra logic for starting, suspending and
resuming a transaction.

Just for a trail I have extended the interface, added the corresponding calls
to AbstractXAResource and modified MapTransactionalResource.
With these changes the impelementation of slides AbstractTransientStore would
be relly lean and nice.

I attach the corresponding patch at this mail.

This change would require that we adapt slides
  AbstractRDBMSStore.TransactionId
  XAServiceBase.DummyTxResource
too, but I think thats no problem.

What do you think?