commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils] LazyDynaClass and LazyDynaBean Bug [29879]
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:53:38 GMT
cool.

i see you've added reviewed a good number of bugs reports (thanks).
i'll try to find time to go through as many as possible of them
tomorrow.

the general plan for beanutils (and some background) is on the wiki. we
need to cut a 1.7.0 service release that will give compatibility with
both collections 2.x and 3.x. this will enable a similar release to be
cut for digester and then (hopefully) one for struts as well.

since beanutils has a load of outstanding bugs and enhancements against
it, the plan is to try to aim for a relatively quick 1.7.1 bug
fix/enhancement release.

the major item of work remaining before 1.7.0 is released is a review
of the interfaces for the new beanified classes. i'll probably post
some more about this is a better named thread. i'd be grateful if you'd
take a look and comment.

- robert

On 8 Jul 2004, at 22:46, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> I did apply a fix for bug 28684 as it seemed pretty straight forward -
> the
> cvs email didn't come through to the list because it was too big - I
> added
> quite a few Unit tests for locale converters.
>
> Niall

>>> anything. As you pointed out beanutils is widely used, if I do fix
>>> any