commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: site update process?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:34:49 GMT
Nope, let Maven do the work, the only issue I'm recommending is that
Maven doesn't backup what was originally there. If something when bad,
or a subproject got overwritten during toplevel site generation, people
would get upset. I walked this path once before in the past when we
moved to Maven, it was a bit hellish to recover from. Backing up is
wise, It would be wise to have a pregoal for site:deploy that ssh'ed to
the server and did a tar of the entire site into somewhere like the temp
directory where it could get wiped at a later date.

-Mark