commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [lang] DateUtils.parseCVS
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:58:09 GMT
Gary Gregory wrote:
> I am not that crazy with anything of the form "parseProduct". What if
> there was, or surely going to be 2, then 10 such methods for CVS. Then a
> CvsUtils or some such class would be better. Does this belongs in a
> separate class if not in the sandbox?

Sorry for not jumping into this thread earlier.  The DateUtils is my
submission, so I should probably explain parseCVS...

It does NOT parse any dates from CVS, so it isn't related to ant or any
other tool.  From using CVS, you can checkout code as of "yesterday", "a
week ago", or "last Thursday."  CVS parses this human date expression
and calculates that date for you.  That is the behavior I was trying to
emulate... support a more human readable date parser.  It's not a great
name, but CVS was the language parsing rule I was based on.

I've got no special urge to keep it in lang, if others do not want.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech >>> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com