commons-dev mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: [httpclient] Status?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:35:20 GMT
Hi Henri

>2) There was talk of HttpClient promoting out of Commons. What's the
>latest on that?

The PMC voted in favor of promotion on April the 16th

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/news.html

The migration from Jakarta Commons to Jakarta Proper currently stalled because
of difficulties with migration of HttpClient related content from Bugzilla
to Jira

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-74

HttpClient has traditionally been very Bugzilla centric project. Bugzilla
has accumulated lots of invaluable data on various design decisions made
in the process of HttpClient development, which we are not quite prepared
to leave behind. For us Bugzilla content migration must come first.

There's a consensus among HttpClient committers that HttpClient 3.0 should
still be released out of Jakarta Commons. The true promotion to the full-fledged
Jakarta status should coincide with the HttpClient API redesign, which is
currently targeted for the 4.0 release. So, basically there's no rush

Cheers,

Oleg