commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Baum, Karl" <Karl.B...@Tallan.com>
Subject RE: commons cache
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:16:10 GMT
Hi Emmanuel.  I read over your emails and it sounds like we are both on
the same page with the caching abstraction project.  You have put way
more thought into it than me, and your ideas sound great.  I am
surprised others are not on board.

Is there any way we can get some kind of formal decision out of the
commons-dev community?  Should Emmanuel take his idea elsewhere?  It
would be a shame because I really think this project would benefit from
the jakarta commons name.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Bourg [mailto:smanux@lfjr.net]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 7:18 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: commons cache

Hi Karl, thank you for bringing this topic back up, I suggested the same

thing earlier this year (see
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.
apache.org&msgId=1165823
and
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.
apache.org&msgId=1226378)
but didn't receive much feedback. I have an implementation supporting
EHCache, JCS, OSCache and SwarmCache, I intended to host it on
SourceForge once the work on commons-configuration 1.0 is done
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencache), but if the commons
community supports this idea I'll be glad to bring the code back here
and start a proposal for a sandbox component.

Is there any interest in such a component among the jakarta-commons
developpers ?

Emmanuel Bourg