commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Baum, Karl" <Karl.B...@Tallan.com>
Subject RE: commons cache
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:03:50 GMT
I feel your pain with these classloading issues, however we can leverage
what you've learned in commons-logging in a commons caching project.  I
think there is a lot of potential to create something that other
projects can really benefit from using.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 3:14 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: RE: commons cache

Hi,
If you look at the archives for the tomcat-user, struts-user,
log4j-user, and jboss mailing lists, you'll see many questions and
problems that arise when the mixing is imperfect, i.e. some components
use commons-logging and some don't, some classloaders see it and some
don't, etc.  It's a good concept and good implementation, and only
getting better as server docs improve in this area, but it's given us
(people who support above products) significant grief since its debut.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

implementations.