commons-dev mailing list archives

From Al Chou <hotfusion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/math/src/java/org/apache/commons/math/stat/univariate/moment Kurtosis.java Skewness.java
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:07:56 GMT
--- psteitz@apache.org wrote:
> psteitz     2004/07/01 22:29:14
>
>   Modified:    math/src/java/org/apache/commons/math/stat/univariate/moment
>                         Kurtosis.java Skewness.java
>   Log:
>   Removed link to external definition, as formula has been added to javadoc.

Maybe it's my grad school experiences talking, but I would prefer to retain
links to external references.  That way if a user (or even one of us
developers) ever needs to look up the original references, its easy to do, and
there's an explicit statement of which source of information we used, rather
than doing a Web search and wondering which (if any) of the resulting resources
was the original reference.  Maybe that doesn't matter to anyone but me?

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou