commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [any] NoClassDefFoundError trying to build with Maven 1.0
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:44:44 GMT
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:11:58 +0200, Dennis Lundberg
<dennis.lundberg@mdh.se> wrote:
> Did you remember to erase the .maven folder in your home directory? A

Well, what I meant by a "clean machine" is one that has ever seen
Maven before. However, I've tried blowing every trace of Maven off the
machine and starting again, and still no deal. ;-(

> common cause for trouble is having files there from an older version of
> Maven.
>
> I did this on my machine:
> - Delete %USER_HOME%\.maven
> - Install Maven 1.0 final
> - cvs update on
>   + jakarta-commons/commons-build
>   + jakarta-commons/logging
> - Run "maven clean dist" in logging
>
> It works fine.

Hmmph. I just tried exactly that, and no deal for me.

BTW, I'm running on Win2K, Sun JDK 1.4.2_04. Looks like you're running
on some flavour of Windows too, so it's probably not a Windows thing.
I've tried using the installer and the vanilla zip file, and it makes
no difference. ;-(

--
Martin Cooper