commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: [logging] after 1.0.4: unfinished business
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:32:32 GMT
Gary Gregory wrote:
> Then there are questions like: should the "memory log" really be in CL
> as opposed to logj4?

Well, see the focus of the class. It targets especially unit tests in
combination with coverage tools. Personally I can live perfectly with the
jdk logger (unless someone wants more sophisticated possibilities and is
willing to pay the price in the increased project size for L4J). CL allows
me to use the most lightweight implementation during development and using
the MemoryLogger I can assure, that the logger code does not have impact on
runtime behaviour (still using CL).

-- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: