commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [all] site generation
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:39:18 GMT

I'd be surprised if anyone is using Maven on minotaur. It's a FreeBSD
machine without Java as far as I know.

That said, I see 10 people with ~/.maven, so it's possible somehow. Mark
Diggory is one, Mark?

As maven is pretty cpu intensive, I'd imagine that infrastructure would be
very against us running it on minotaur. Apache websites and cvs server
would be hurt by it (email is a different machine).

Usually you run Maven locally and upload the site manually. I'm not sure
anyone is running a cron for it, and I'd recommend not doing so because
the published site ends up in line with CVS and not with your latest
stable release. User's then get very confused.

That said, some public-key juggling could let you build locally and
upload/rsync frequently, or maybe one of the other Apache boxes could be
used as a build manager.

Hen