commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] DOM vs DOM4J
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:26:59 GMT
Is there any harm to leaving it there?  I have seen a lot of commons
projects start creating these various "optional"/"extended" jars and think
it is a pretty slippery slope to go down..  Part of why I turn to the
Commons project is because the tools are relatively simple and don't require
me to learn a ton about which jar's I need etc.  I think we should either
keep it or toss it, but not start an "optional" package.  At least, not
until we get 1.0 out.  After all, how do you decide which configurations go
in the main versus the optional package?

Eric