commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: documentation or site (was Re: [all] site generation)
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:53:27 GMT
This raises the problem of documentation vs site... maven has happily
brought this together whereas this is indeed a problem.

The case where this was observed was: jelly when checked-out over cvs,
can't perform the dist goal, because it needs resources of
commons-build as this is needed to build the site. However, a dist goal
should be able to actually produce an amount of document on the version
downloaded...

Moreover, the documentation available through the web should, I
believe, also be made in several versions, at least it's the case for
major things like Tomcat.

So... should we not try to separate the two ?

paul