commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com>
Subject RE: [betwixt] XDoclet Integration
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:33:15 GMT
I'm actually working on a basic one right now.
It just needs a template file, not a full module, but it supports
the following

/***
 * @betwixt.mapped-class
 */
public class X {
   private int id;
   private int value;

   /***
    * @betwixt.attribute
    */
   public int getId() {
      return id;
   }

   /***
    * @betwixt.attribute
    */
   public int getValue() {
      return value;
   }
}

/***
 * @betwixt.mapped-class superclasses="true"
 */
public class Y extends X {
   private String name;

   /***
    * @betwixt.element
    */
   public String getName() {
      return name;
   }
}

/***
 * @betwixt.mapped-class element="q"
 * @betwixt.inherited-attribute property="id"
 */
public class Z extends X {
   private String name;

   /***
    * @betwixt.element
    */
   public String getName() {
      return name;
   }
}

There's support for some other stuff, such as not inheriting everything
from your superclass, but rather, using a class tag
@betwixt.inherited-attribute
or @betwixt.inherited-element.  I'm also going to add support for the
<addDefaults /> element.  At the very least, it will provide some level of
autogeneration ability.

X.betwixt
---------
<info primitiveTypes='attribute'>
  <element name='x'>
     <attribute name='id' property='id' />
     <attribute name='value' property='value' />
  </element>
</info>

Y.betwixt
---------
<info primitiveTypes='attribute'>
  <element name='y'>
     <attribute name='id' property='id' />
     <attribute name='value' property='value' />
     <element name='name' property='name' />
  </element>
</info>

Z.betwixt