commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Downloads
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:28:31 GMT

On 15 Jun 2004, at 21:07, Henri Yandell wrote:

> The page doesn't, but the page that calls it can as that page seems to
> merely link any file over.
>
> So rather than a huge commons section in binindex etc, we can link 4
> links
> from lang (or however many) over to that page.

you're probably right that the binary release page simply isn't going
to scale much further. it might be nice to have a single page with all
the commons releases on together and link that from the jakarta
binindex page but don't let this idea stop you from improving the lang
subsite :)

the original reasoning for putting all the releases in one place had a
lot to do with educating about mirroring good practice. it's probably
done it's job (as well as it's going to) by now.

- robert