commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: [testutils][logging] after 1.0.4: unfinished business
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:03:00 GMT
Hi Robert,

robert burrell donkin wrote on Sunday, June 20, 2004 11:19 PM:
> when i was cutting 1.0.4, i proposed leaving some unresolved issues
> until after the release. so, now seems like a good time to
> get on top
> of them.
> please feel free to dive in and comment (that's why i've left space :)
> memory log
> ----------
> i quite like this idea but it's not really a major feature. i'm
> inclined to try to keep the core jar small by creating
> another optional
> jar called loggers containing loggers which are less likely
> to be used.
> the distribution would contain both jars. maybe avalon log could be
> moved there too.

Meanwhile I proposed this class also to Alex' latest commons-testutils effort (,
but since I have no commit rights, I cannot do much about. So I am not sure now, where to
put this class in best place. If you have other additional loggers, commons-logging might
be still the best idea, but otherwise the commons-testutils might also be appropriate.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message