commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [lang] Designs and Futures
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:15:21 GMT
> Well, does it ever happen that unit tests are broken?

Yes. For example: someone develops with Java 1.4.x and uses a new-to-1.4
API when [lang]'s base requirement is 1.2 or 1.3, I can't recall. The
code compiles on the developer's machine but blows up on the build
machine. In reality this no longer happens because build machines for
the most part use 1.4. But if a careful developer is set up with the min
req for [lang], the code will blow up when he/she updates from CVS.

Gary

http://download2.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/N-N20040601-200406010010/te