commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [PROPOSAL][beanutils] revise release plan
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:37:27 GMT
the original plan (which is still on the wiki 
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/BeanUtils/1_2e7_2e0ReleasePlan) 
allows for bugs to be fixed. since the dependency issue is quite a 
pressing one, i think that it makes more sense to limit the risk of 
introducing bugs by freezing the codebase and postponing the 
non-essential work (including bug reviews and fixes) until a 1.7.1 
release which will be made as soon as possible after the 1.7.1. this 
will allow downstream libraries to test and upgrade as soon as possible 
with the minimum of risk. a branch will probably be taken for the 1.7.0 
release.

if this plan sounds better than the first, i'll update the plan and 
proceed.

- robert


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message