commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Inheritance version 2
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:27:25 GMT
On 1 Jun 2004, at 21:08, Inger, Matthew wrote:

> The other question I have for you, is how might I go about
> supporting comparison of ResultSet objects?

i'm not sure that i quite understand this question. an example would
probably help me a lot...

> I'm thinking I might
> need to make an Iterator implementation which would wrap around
> a resultset, and convert each row into a Map instance where the
> key is the column name, and the value is the column value.

if it's resultset -> xml, have you considered dynabeans?

betwixt should support dynabean's reasonably well. i'm not sure
how/whether the custom introspection stuff works with dynabeans so it
might be necessary to extend the introspection stuff to make it work
well.

> This might be useful to make as a standard part of betwixt, but
> that's your call.

i'm happy to accept any useful extension that doesn't cause problems
with the core. the REFACTORING branch is more modular so it might be
easier to implement something like this on there.

- robert