commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject Re: [collections] JDK1.5
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:36:17 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> For the record, while I'm +0 on moving toward JDK 1.5 support within
> collections, I'm certainly -1 on abandoning JDK 1.4 support in the
> near future.

Is there a simple way to get Ant to strip out the angle brackets from
the source before invoking javac?  I'd imagine that a JRE 1.5 specific
version of collections could be a lot smaller and simpler so
collections15 might be a good way to go.  I think that there will be a
lot of demand for the existing collections codebase for some time so I
doubt it will be abandoned any time soon.

--
Michael