commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] running unit tests for Http provider
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:06:08 GMT
Eric Pugh wrote:

>But now it fails on not finding a directory www.ibiblio.rog/maven/read-data.
>Is it possible to a) Stick up docs on how to build and run the unit tests w/
>what exteranal dependencies there are.  b) change the unit tests so that if
>we are donig a readonly test, we could maybe point to files or something
>that are on a public website, like maybe the VFS website?

a) This might be possible, and for sure, completing the documentation
should be a top priority ... but you know ;-)
b) Not sure why we should provide a read-only test server for vfs as
there are many write-tests one should do too.
And the vfs tests expect a certain amount of files/directories and their
content.
And even if we are try to do this, think of the various different
filesystem: sftp, smb, webdav, ...

However i use a UML-Linux (UserModeLinux - something like vmware but for
linux only) server which is configured in a manner that the vfs tests
can pass (read and write).
On every restart of this uml-linux instance the whole system is in a
clear state and every update has been rollbacked.

If it is allowed to provide a e.g. 70 MB download at apache i could
simply upload it and everyone can use it to do the tests.

--
Mario